Zune HD pre-order starts today, landing September 15th
There’s a good news for those who want a Zune HD really bad. The waiting time is nearly over now! Because today Microsoft has officially announced the heavily hyped media player Zune HD for pre-orders.
It will be making its way to retail channels coming September 15th, and will be up for pre-order through http://www.zune.net/zunehd from select spots including Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart, and the Microsoft Store.
The Tegra-packing, HD Radio-playing, OLED touchscreen PMP, 720p-outputting device will come in a black, with 16GB memory for $219.99, or a beefier, "platinum" finish 32GB version for $289.99.
Let’s have a brief look on it’s features:
- Portable Perfection: Experience the new Zune HD Radio, with wireless syncing and 10 hours of HD video storage right in palm of your hand.
- Touchscreen: Get instant access to your content via multi-touch navigation, a 3.3 inch screen and vivid 16:9 OLED display with 480×272 resolution.
- HD radio: Tune-in all your favorite stations with crystal clear reception. Access variety of HD radio station at no additional cost or tag the songs you like for later purchase, all this with the help of built-in HD radio receiver.
- HD Video out: With Zune HD & AV Dock, watch supported 720p HD movies, videos, and TV shows in high definition or take them with you for premium entertainment on the go additional dock and HD required.
- Wireless: Connect,buy and update content wirelessly with WiFi hotspots. Stream millions of songs over WiFi directly and turn it into a portable digital jukebox.
- Web Browser: Surf the web anytime, anywhere with a WiFi connection and enjoy your favorite websites with tap-to-zoom technology, built-in accelerometer and touchscreen QWERTY keyboard.
Place a pre-order at Best Buy beginning Aug. 16. For a sneak peek, visit stores in Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Chicago, Houston, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, D.C. areas on Aug. 22 and 23.