Polycom Soundpoint IP 550 Phone Review
Polycom Soundpoint IP 550 is a 4-line SIP phone that delivers excellent voice quality and supports widespread cutting-edge attributes. Polycom IP 550 has almost all call handling features you can expect from a business IP phone. It provides powerful, yet flexible IP communication solutions for any business organization. High-resolution graphical greyscale LCD display offers details for call information, directory access and system status in multiple languages. SoundPoint IP 550 phone by Polycom supports advanced functionality, including bridged line appearance; HTTPS secure provisioning, custom ring tones, local conferencing, distinctive incoming call treatment, remote missed call notification, and prominent Polycom’s HD Voice technology.
Polycom HD Voice brings life-like richness and crystal clear voice quality to every telephonic conversation. Polycom HD Voice technology consolidates wideband audio for over twice the voice clarity of phone calls. Patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity technology provides perspicuous and echo-free voice. Polycom’s best-in-class system design supplies high-fidelity and steady voice reproduction. Soundpoint IP 550 comes with 26 dedicated “hard” keys, 4 context sensitive “soft” keys, a full duplex speakerphone and many more. It provides business telephony utilities and functions like multiple call appearances, call hold, transfer, and conference over an IP network.
IP 550 phone looks and feels very nice. It has three backlight settings (on, idle, and maximum intensity) for 320 x 160-pixel graphical greyscale LCD display. User can modify intensity separately for high, medium, low, and off levels, using up or down arrow keys. Like other Polycom IP phones, its color scheme is silver on black. Buttons are nicely designed and placed at right places. Headset, speakerphone, and mute button light up colorfully accordingly when pressed. It has four LEDs that correspond to each line appearance and other LED indicators for voicemail alerts. User can customize this IP phone by adjusting settings for time and date, contrast, ring type etc. User can also easily add contacts to phones directory manually or from call lists.
Polycom Soundpoint IP 550 phone is designed to make installation, configuration, and upgrades as simple and handy as possible. Configuring IP 550 phone from web interface is pretty much easier and process is much similar to other Polycom IP phones like SoundPoint IP 335. Dual-port Ethernet switch and integrated IEEE 802.3af PoE circuitry enable flexible deployment options. Soundpoint IP 550 also supports remote, zero-touch provisioning, and upgrades from an array of servers, including FTP, TFTP, HTTP3, or HTTPS3.
Features & Benefits
Polycom SoundPoint IP 550 Phone Key features and benefits:
- Up to 4 lines with up to 2 concurrent calls per line
- 320 x 160 backlit greyscale graphical LCD
- White LED backlight with custom intensity control
- 4 context-sensitive “soft” keys and 26 dedicated “hard” keys
- Compatible with commercially available TTY adapter equipment
- Polycom HD Voice technology
- Full-duplex hands-free speakerphone
- Shared call/bridged line appearance
- Flexible line appearance
- Local three-way conferencing
- Automatic off-hook call placement
- Integration with Microsoft LCS 2005 for telephone and presence
- Customizable call progress tones
- IETF SIP (RFC 3261 and companion RFCs)
- Manual or dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP) network setup
- FTP/TFTP/HTTP/HTTPS3 server-based central provisioning for mass deployments
- QoS Support – IEEE 802.1p/Q tagging (VLAN), Layer 3 TOS, and DSCP
- Network Address Translation (NAT) and RTCP (RFC 1889) support
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Support for URL syntax with password for boot server
- Built-in, auto-sensing IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet
- Dimension: 26.5cm x 15cm x 19cm x 6.5cm (W x H x D x T)
Polycom 550 delivers improved features and capabilities like busy lamp field (BLF), presence, text messaging, and buddy lists, which make it the workhorse of any organization. Integrated XHTML micro-browser enables users to take advantage of productivity-enhancing Web-based applications. All these utilities extend phone functionality and meet voice communication needs of most demanding professional environment. Polycom 550 is best suited for managers, knowledge workers, sales, and support staff. Users can believe on its promise to deliver superior sound quality and industry-leading SIP underscores.
Source: Unified IP