Cisco SPA921 IP Phone Review
Cisco SPA921 is 1-line IP phone with flourishing features that finely meets basic requirements of any small business. It’s a reliable and easy-to-use business-class IP phone. Cisco SPA921 comes equipped with one 10BASE-T RJ-45 Ethernet port and monochrome LCD display. SPA921 1-line IP phone provides a wide range of productivity enhancing utilities and is covered by Cisco 2-year limited hardware warranty with return to factory replacement. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes and telephone technical support at no charge for first 12 months.
At first glance it looks much similar to Cisco SPA303 3-line IP phone. Cisco SPA921 IP phone comes with comprehensive set of powerful utilities. With functional and stylish design Cisco SPA921 is an ideal IP phone for residence or small business using a hosted IP telephony service, an IP Centrex deployment, or an IP PBX. Cisco SPA921 is a high quality IP Phone that is unmatchable in features, value, and support.
Cisco SPA921 comes equipped with pixel-based 128 x 64 monochrome LCD graphical display, which makes it simplify handling of personal mailbox options, notifications, and voicemail messages. Cisco SPA921 offers efficient features of business phones and improves productivity by targeting needs of various users throughout any organization. Cisco SPA921 comes with four soft keys that provide one-touch access to conference, redial, hold, call transfer, mailbox options, notifications, and voicemail messages. Dedicated hard keys provide access to speakerphone, mute, hold, setup, and call transfer. It also has an easy to use four-way dynamic directional knob for menu navigation.
Just like other Cisco IP phones, installing and configuring of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Cisco SPA921 IP phone is very simple with few user-friendly steps. After connecting SPA921 successfully to network and basic configuration, user should hear a dial tone when picking up handset. Cisco SPA921 IP phone uses standard encryption protocols to accomplish secured remote provisioning and unobtrusive in-service software upgrades.
Features & Benefits
Security is key element of any Internet telephony system and Cisco SPA921 lays such security concerns to rest with its password-protected system, encrypted authentication via MD5 (RFC 1321), HTTPS with factory-installed client certificate, Password-protected access to administrator, and up to 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption. Cisco SPA921 also has built-in web server for administration and configuration with various security levels. Cutting-edge features like easy station moves and shared line appearances affix many more advantages to SPA921 IP phone.
Cisco SPA921 Key Features and Benefits
- 1-line business-class IP phone with two call appearances
- Monochrome graphical Pixel-based LCD display (128 x 64)
- Menu-driven user interface
- Three-way call conferencing with local mixing
- Multiparty conferencing via external conference bridge
- Automatic redial of last calling and last called numbers
- Call park and unpark
- Hot line and warm line automatic calling
- Personal directory with auto-dial (100 entries)
- Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) IP dialing support (vanity numbers)
- Multiple ring tones with selectable ring tone per line
- Date and time with intelligent daylight savings support
- Configurable dial/numbering plan support
- Network Address Translation (NAT) traversal, combing Serial Tunnel (STUN) support
- DNS SRV and multiple A records for proxy lookup and proxy redundancy
- Secure call encrypted voice communication support
- High-quality handset and cradle
- Standard 12-button dialing pad
- Built-in high-quality microphone and speaker>
- Headset jack: 2.5 mm
Overall design of Cisco SPA921 looks professional and appealing. It integrates perfectly to any small business environment. SPA921 provides medium for effective and super fast communications, which makes users more productive and frees up time to strengthen client relationships. It has almost all basic and advanced attributes for small business users.
Source: Unified IP